Auto Body Technician Job Description:
Perform quality structural, body, frame, and unibody repairs on assigned vehicles promptly. Disassemble, restore, and complete vehicle repairs to match pre-accident conditions. Communicate professionally and accurately with all management and co-workers regarding the process on all assigned vehicles. Assist repair planner in an accurate estimate and minimize the need for supplements.
Auto Body Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
● Must be able and willing to perform welding, structural, body, frame and unibody repairs according to manufacturer, I-CAR and company standards
● Strive for 100% disassembly and no supplements
● Work directly with repair planner to get all necessary repairs on estimate/supplement and address any concerns
● Review received parts with parts coordinator to ensure usability and correctness
● Follow safety guidelines and wear appropriate clothing (gloves, eye protection, etc.)
● Keep work area clean and clear of any debris and uphold environmental regulations
● Maintain all company paid I-CAR certifications and company required certifications by deadlines
● Be willing to answer questions for coworkers, alert of deficiencies in shop and train as necessary
● Be aware of target delivery dates and strive to finish within the timeframe
● Adhere to Mahnke’s and Direct Repair Program (DRP) insurance companies’ procedures for repairs and parts usage
● I-CAR certifications up to date.
● Should be quality minded and production focused.
● Ability to work effectively with other internal teammates.
● Ability to work during posted work hours.